Sunday, August 16, 2009

A gift real special, so take the top off

I discovered the most amazing thing yesterday - a cardboard box! It's more than just this novel idea. It's as revolutionary as when man discovered fire. What would we do without the cardboard box? How would we pack things? How would things ship safely from point A to point B? What would we put gifts in?! Oh the cardboard box! You are real special.


Originally, I had the bright idea of using the box as a garage for my fleet of trucks. I started making plans and wanted to paint the inside of it. Mom and Pops suggested I rethink the idea of painting the interior mainly because it would be a big ol' mess. Then it dawned on me. Why put my toys in the box when I could go in the box?! Granted, it was tight quarters, but I do adore cozy places.

The box is only 24"W x 36"H x 4"D. Cozy indeed. It's sole purpose was to house a box fan but I decided to turn it into my little getaway. I had to rescue it from the recycling. That would have been a waste of a good box.

No comments: