Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Snow Day

Never in my wildest dreams would I have experience so much snow in 2 days. The whole time Mom was downplaying the weather forecasting despite what the radar was telling us. I can't blame her for being so pessimistic and cautious with the words coming out of Tom Skilling's mouth. Which profession do you that allows you to be wrong 75% of time and still have a job? That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

My day on Tuesday started off like any other with a bit of snow fall mixed in. I ate my bowl of oats, got ready, did some homework, and it was off to school. By the time Mom got me from school, it was mass chaos. I have never seen flakes that big falling from the sky at such an incredible rate. Instead of it taking 8 minutes to get home, the commute was more like 45 minutes.

As soon as we got home, we started our blizzard party. It's the least we could do if we were going to hunker ourselves down at the homefront. Jarrad even got to be our guest of honor. We ate like there was no tomorrow. It was a prime time to take advantage of the snackage and foodstuffs involved. As I went to bed, Mom and Pops said school has been cancelled. I was in a state of shock! No school because of snow? Who has ever heard of such of thing?! Well, I will be sure to wish for a snow day every time it snows then!

The next morning, I awoke to a winter wonderland (in the literal and figurative sense). Most of the drifts were taller than me and the fence in the backyard was just an afterthought. I couldn't wait to play in it. What else are you supposed to do with snow? There's more to this frozen precipitation than just shoveling it out of the way. It's meant to be jumped in, climbed on, sledded on, and built on.

Honestly, I don't know why adults always get their panties in a bunch whenever it snows. It's the most fun thing around in the winter time. TV can only go so far.

No comments: