Thursday, February 16, 2006

My father's son

Mom says I'm 99% Dad and 1% her. Don't believe me? Well, I'm here to prove the skeptics wrong and reaffirm the believers. The pictures couldn't be any more different than identical twins separated at birth. Everyday when I look at Dad, it's like looking in a mirror (without the beard of course). At least I know what I'm going to look like 30 years from now. Not bad I say.

Guess who is who. ;)



For months now, I've been practicing how to wave good-bye. *Queue in Rocky theme song* All those moments of having Nonna and Grandmama shaking my arm up and down have paid off. Mom and I got up early this morning to pack Dad a lunch and to see him off to work. All of a sudden, my arm started moving up and down. "Bye, Pops! Have a nice day at work," I said. There I was, waving good-bye to my dad! I couldn't believe how easy it was! After Dad closed the door, I was beside myself. Elated I was able to wave good-bye but at the same time I was saddened by the fact Dad had to go away. Well, as Mom puts it, "Good-bye is just another opportunity to say hello."

My list of accomplishments seem to be growing. I can sit up, feed myself (a big mess is usually involved), crawl, talk, and wave good-bye. I'm definitely on the path to progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kibs,
I was sad to leave too, trust me.
We're going to go do stuff this weekend...even if I am sick! Flu be damned, boy!
Love,
Pops