Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Year of the lion

So 2005 came to a close. I must say, I think I've accumulated many interesting experiences in my short life. Like any good host of The Daily Show here are my top 5:

Eggroll! I believe Mom says it best when she pronounces it as "EGGWOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!" (She always gets this crazy look in her eyes like O-Ren Ishii when she says it.) I have went from immobile to rolly polly in a matter of months. It's a nice change of pace to roll from one end of the blanket to the other. For some crazy reason Pooh Bear runs away from me so I can't take his blanket, but I always catch up to him. That honey belly of his just slows him down. I'm trying to progress into crawling, but my legs don't quite go underneath my tushy yet.

Fish On! I definitely have the fishing gene in me. I got several big catches on Halloween. Mom and Dad were so impressed with my top water skills they took pics of my achievement. I caught a walleye, a muskie, and a bass in one afternoon. John Gillespie would be freaking out!

Toofers! I finally got some teeth going. After many painful nights of suffering, my bottom teeth came out. I don't really get to use them much since my food is on the soft and mushy side, but they do look cute on me. ;) Mom says to use teeth for food only and not on people. I'm not really sure what that means since I don't really have much of a cannibalistic attitude. May be I'll bite on Pooh Bear's ear but that doesn't really count since he's a Pooh Bear.

My thumb, my savior! I've discovered the wonders of sucking my thumb. It took me a while to figure it out but in the end I feel I've been rewarded and then some. Who knew that the opposable thumb could bring such splendor and enjoyment?! When I'm upset or cranky, there's my thumb. When I'm hungry but not quite starving, there's my thumb. When I need to go beddy byes, there's my thumb. So here's to the opposable thumb!

Da!Da!Da! So I have the language skills of a 30 year old but I speak like an 8 month old. I am able to put together complex sentences even though I only have the ability to say, "Da!Da!Da!" It amazes me how language barriers are broken. Whether I'm with Grandmama, Nonna, Mom, or Pops, they all seem to understand what I'm saying. I must admit, there are times when there's a miscommunication. I'll tell Mom I want Ducky but she ends up bringing me Puppy. Oh well. It's just something we have to work on. There are times when Pops has caught me serenading to Mom in the kitchen with my DaDaDas and some BaBaBas tossed in between.

So that's my year in review. I guess my resolutions for 2006 would have to be blogging more often, getting cuter everyday, saying real words, and walking.

No comments: