Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fun with Pops


I'm calling myself lucky. Lucky because I get to hang out with my Pops alot and bond. Ya see, my pops isn't one of these dads who is afraid to bring me out with him. Nor is he the kind of dad who will sit me in a chair or my Lion's Den (playpen) all day long. Nope..not my Pops. We do stuff! Lots of stuff!

Every weekend we go shopping at places like Super Target, Dominick's and Jewell. I'm always the center of attention at these places. It's great! We also go for walks and see trees, birds, animals and all kinds of other cool stuff. Pops tells me all about everything we see. I learn why trees grow so tall, why birds fly so high, why the sky seems to go on forever.

We also take pictures. Lots of pictures! Pops loves his camera and even when he doesn't have that he always has his cell phone which has a camera built into it! How cool is that? It even shoots videos of me when I do things like open and close doors and crawl across the floor!

Chow time is always a blast too. Pops has this trick. Ya see, I like fruits. So when I get tired of the chicken/vegetable stuff, he coats it with a generous helping of fruit based baby food. Thnik apricot chicken and you'll get the basic idea. Pops is a bit of a chef so he gets the mixture down just right.

Sometimes after chow time we do fun stuff like make faces at each other! Like this!


We also go fishing alot! I'm in the learning phase first. Pops tells me that first I need to observe nature to be able to master it. So I get to watch him and Uncle Mike catch fish and explain what to do and how to put the fish back carefully. They tell me that if I respect nature, nature will be kind to me. I like that.

Here's a picture from one of my fishing trips!


Pops brings me to other cool places to learn about stuff too. This past weekend he took me to a place called Cantigny where we went to a museum to learn histroy. We even got to walk around these things called tanks. Pops said that when I hear the word "INCOMING!" I have to duck and cover. Like this.


Well that's it for now. I better go get some rest. Pops says we have a big weekend planned. He said we may go see my friends the bears and the lions. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: