Thursday, August 18, 2005

The good morning song and bath time

Every morning, Mom and I sing the Good Morning Song to Mr. Sun, Mr. Frog, and Mr. Bunny. They are quite the trio. Brilliant in everyway since they are fluent in English, Italian, and Spanish. I hope to someday be a linguist so I can have more conversations with Mr. Sun, Mr. Frog, and Mr. Bunny. (My good looks may bring on the ladies, but I got to have some substance to make them stay. So a little bit of Italian may do the wooing.) I'm sitting in my swing and I always end up falling asleep amidst their conversations. Mr. Frog will have beef about how high gas prices are and Mr. Sun is always advocating solar power so we don't kill the planet. And Mr. Bunny (last name Foo-Foo), he's always griping about how the fairy chastises him for bopping the field mice on the head. I just want to one day say, "Hey guys, it's all good in da hood!" but I can't because I always get tongue tied and I let out a big coo coo ca choo. So I just sit there and fall asleep in my swing. It doesn't help that the rocking motion lulls me into a semi-deep slumber.

So Mom comes screaming in, "Good morning, Sweet Cheeks!!!!!!" Screaming has such a negative connotation. I would say cheerfully to the max best describes Mom's demeanor when she wakes me up. Of course, we sing the Good Morning Song again and it's off to bath time.

I used to despise bath time. With that icky stub hanging off my bellybutton and my "boyhood" wrapped in a bandage, I was so insecure about my nakedness. Plus, I wasn't used to the draftiness that came with being nude. Now that my bellybutton looks normal and my "boyhood" all healed, bath time is my favorite time of the day. Mom sings silly songs and makes funny faces. She wipes the crud off my neck and I end up smelling oh-so-fresh. No more spoiled milk scent coming from me! I can't use the Big People tub yet. Instead, I sit in this hammock like contraption while Mom dumps water on me. Everytime she puts me in it Mom says, "You're so FAT!!!!" Of course, she says this with love. How else would she say it? I highly doubt it's in a disapproving manner since Mom says it with a big smile on her face and she feeds me every half hour.

I do feel my chub getting chubbier by the minute. Mom lets me know that it's "cute chub." I mean is there any other kind of chub?

No comments: