Friday, August 19, 2005

Thunder, rattle, and roll

Dad says this has been one of the hottest summers in a long time. Tru dat! Mr. Sun's boss is really beaming those rays into my eyes and burning my retinas to oblivion. It seems Mr. Sun's boss took a holiday yesterday, and Big Bad Storm rolled on through. Mom said Big Bad Storm isn't really so bad since the grass needs a good watering. I don't dispute the usefulness of Big Bad Storm, but I would have to say he has a bit of a mean streak. All of a sudden there was this flash. At first I thought it was Mr. Sun's boss making a cameo appearance but it didn't feel as cheerful. So I knew it wasn't Mr. Sun's boss. It had to be Big Bad Storm causing a raucous.

As soon as the flash disappeared, a big boom boom noise shook the room! It was so loud my bouncey seat nearly bounced away from me. My Aquarium Bouncer bubbles were going ballastic and Ms. Starfish spun out of control! My world was falling apart. Where's Mom?!!! I pleaded with Big Bad Storm to go away and bring Mom back. What was I going to do?! I couldn't hold it in anymore. I had no choice but to bring on the boo face. Mom, please hear my boo face! Where are you Mom?!!!! Come back!!!! Again, I begged Big Bad Storm to just leave because he's keeping Mom away from me. Out of nowhere I hear, "Kibby!!!! Momma is here." Right away she wisked me into her arms and gave me lots of kisses. Mom promised me everything is going to be okay and to that I believed her. Soon Big Bad Storm left Mom and me alone. Good! I hope he never comes back!

Normally, I'm somewhat capable to calm myself in certain situations. I used to just suck on my arm or my fist. Now I'm making progress with this whole thumbsucking thing. Instead of putting my whole fist in my mouth, I've been able to find my thumb. It was quite a discovery because my thumb was hiding in my hand all this time! Silly thumb. Although, I'm still having some difficulty keeping it in. I'll get my thumb in but it slips right out. I hope cousin Steve does not think less of me as Plecostamos.

This morning, Mom shipped me off to Grandmama's home. I L-O-V-E going to Grandmama's! She has this old school bouncey seat on wheels! Everyone calls it The Buggy. Instead of the sound of waves crashing, The Buggy makes this rhythmic squeeking. Mom usually flips a switch on my boucey seat to make it vibrate for my daily massage. With The Buggy, Grandmama has to rock it herself. That's how I knew it was old school because it's a manual and not automatic. I like The Buggy because I can fully recline and take little cat naps. -_- zzzz

Everytime I'm at Grandmama's, I feel the need to chow down. I guess I just want to prove to her that I'm a big boy and I can eat like a big boy. So I'll just suck away on the bottle without realizing my tummy isn't as big as I want it to be. With no time for having any regrets about overindulging on Mom's milk, it comes right back up and all over Grandmama's shirt, my face, and may be the furniture. Then my tummy is empty again and it starts all over. It's a vicious cycle and one that can't be broken.

Despite all the spit up, I seem to be retaining some of the milk. Mom says I get heavier and stronger everyday. I feel like my feet have gotten smaller while my thighs have gotten bigger in the process. It's total chub in that area because my calves are still pretty lean. Mom can't help herself when she gently pinches my thighs. For some reason, my chub is irresistable.

No comments: